Silas MCCARTY, the son of John MCCARTY and Ann HARMAN, was born about 1700 in Ireland. He died about 1750 in Haycock Twp., Bucks Co., PA.
He was married to Sarah CARRELL (daughter of James CARRELL and Sarah DUNGAN) in 1722. Sarah CARRELL was born about 1700 in Bucks Co., PA. She died in 1760.
Silas MCCARTY and Sarah CARRELL had ten children:
- Carrell MCCARTY was born in 1723.
- James MCCARTY was born in 1 November 1725.
- Silas MCCARTY was born in 16 June 1727.
- Benjamin MCCARTY (born on 5 August 1731).
- Lydia MCCARTY was born1733
- Elizabeth MCCARTY was born1735
- Hannah MCCARTY was born 6 December 1737
- William MCCARTY was born 29 December 1739
- Thomas MCCARTY (born on 12 April 1741, died 9 October 1804).
- Paul MCCARTY was born 29 April 1744
- The Descendants of James Carrell and Sarah
Dungan, his wife; Ezra Patterson Carrell, 1928,
Pgs. 39 - 40.
- Friant e-mail
- THEN and NOW, pg 279
- Karen Haskett
- Broderbund: PA church archive CD